Dominic S. Carreira, M.D.
Dominic Carreira, M.D., joined Peachtree Orthopedics in 2017. He has been practicing with a focus in the areas of hip preservation and foot and ankle surgery for over 10 years. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Carreira is a leader in orthopedics, with over 100 publications, lectures, and presentations, both nationally and internationally. Dr. Carreira has served as a surgical instructor in both hip arthroscopy and foot and ankle on over 30 occasions, including as an instructor for the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the International Society of Hip Arthroscopy.
He has provided medical coverage for many college and pro sports teams, including the Miami Dolphins, Miami Marlins, Denver Broncos, U.S. Men's and Women's Ski Team, and the Chicago Blaze Pro Women's Basketball team. He has also served as a consultant for Cirque du Soleil and the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.
Dr. Carreira is fluent in Spanish.
Click here for answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding hip arthroscopy.
- Hip Preservation
- Foot and ankle
- Sports Medicine
Ankle Sprains: Causes, When to See a Doctor and Treatment Options
- Foot and Ankle Myerson Fellowship; Baltimore, MD (2007)
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship; Seattle, WA (2006)
- Sports Medicine and Hip Arthroscopy; Steadman-Hawkins; Vail, CO; (2005-2006)
- Rush University Medical Center (ranked #4 in orthopedics in US News and World Report), Chicago, IL; Orthopedic Surgery (2000-2005)
- University of Illinois at Chicago; Chicago, IL (2000)
- Honors: Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society Member (top 16% of graduating class)
- University of Notre Dame; South Bend, IN (1995)
Education and Training
Dr. Carreira graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1995, and earned his M.D. from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2000. He also completed three fellowships in sports medicine, hip preservation, and foot and ankle.
Dr. Carreira Named 2020 Top Doctor by Castle Connolly
Dr. Carreira has been chosen as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor for 2020. Castle Connolly identifies Top Doctors based on an extensive nomination process. The national physician-led research team reviews and rigorously screens all nominated physicians before selecting those regarded as the most outstanding healthcare providers in the country.
Dr. Carreira is proud to have been honored with a variety of distinguished honors, including Vitals' "Most Compassionate Doctor" and "Patients' Choice Award," the "Top Doctors in America," "Super Doctors of America," and "Top 40 under 40: Leaders of Fort Lauderdale/Broward County."
Dr. Carreira Offers Innovative Foot & Ankle Treatment
Dr. Carreira offers minimally invasive surgical procedures for the foot and ankle. Compared to a traditional open surgery, minimally invasive procedures have been shown to get patients back on their feet faster, with less pain and an improved cosmetic result.
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy
- American Orthopaedic Society of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- International Cartilage Research Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society - Research committee member
- MASH (Multicenter Arthroscopy Study of the Hip) Study Group - President and Founder
- MASTAF (Multicenter Arthroscopy Study of the Ankle and Foot) - President and Founder
- International Ankle Instability Study Group - Member
- Georgia Orthopedic Society
Actual Patient Reviews
Physicians - By NameMichael P. BERNOT, M.D.
Dominic S. CARREIRA, M.D.
Ezequiel CASSINELLI, M.D.
Wing K. CHANG, M.D.
John CHAO, M.D.
Xavier A. DURALDE, M.D.
Fred "Bert" T. FINNEY, JR., M.D.
Letha Y. GRIFFIN, M.D.
Timothy GRIFFITH, M.D.
Anuj GUPTA, M.D.
John D. HENRY, JR., M.D.
Lee A. KELLEY, M.D.
James S. KERCHER, M.D.
Scott KIMMERLY, M.D.
Ashkan LAHIJI, M.D.
Donald F. LANGENBECK, M.D.
William G. LITTLEFIELD, M.D.
Walter B. MCCLELLAND, JR., M.D.
Stephen M. MCCOLLAM, M.D.
Allen MCDONALD, III, M.D.
Douglas H. MURRAY, M.D.
H. Herndon MURRAY, M.D.
Robert OWEN, M.D.
Scott D. PENNINGTON, M.D.
Shevin D. POLLYDORE, M.D.
Ashok S. REDDY, M.D.
R. Marvin ROYSTER, M.D.
David A. SCHIFF, M.D.
Hal SILCOX, III, M.D.
Stephen W. SMITH, M.D.
Neil TARABADKAR, M.D.
Anil O. THOMAS, M.D.
Obi UGWONALI, M.D.
M. Jonathan YORK, M.D.